HANCOCK COUNTY — The Hancock County Health Department has announced that a county resident has died from COVID-19.

The health department said in a news release Tuesday that the individual was over the age of 60 with underlying health conditions. The department is continuing the investigation with the Indiana State Department of Health, the release adds.

Crystal Baker, office manager and preparedness coordinator for the Hancock County Health Department, told the Daily Reporter that the health department received the individual’s test results on Tuesday, after they had passed away. She could not disclose if or where the individual was hospitalized or other details.

On Tuesday morning, the state health department raised Hancock County’s total of positive COVID-19 cases to four as of 11:59 p.m. Monday. Baker said neither of the four are elderly. Earlier this week, she said the county’s first three recorded positive COVID-19 cases are isolating at home, and said Tuesday the department is still in the investigation phase on the fourth case.
© 2020 Daily Reporter